Japanese garden designs are traditional garden designs that create small, idealized outdoor landscapes. It is one of the most popular designs in a very abstract and stylized way.
Karesansui, which means rock gardens, belongs to Japanese garden design. This design is primarily used as a meditation garden, replacing sand with water. In the past, Japanese garden designs were inspired by Chinese gardens, but gradually the Japanese garden evolved and developed its own aesthetic based on its history and culture.
It is rightly said that Asian design, particularly Japanese garden design and architecture, is inherently thoughtful and inherently calming. Due to the immense culture and influence of the regional philosophy of life, these designs have shaped their style and principles over several centuries. It is a combination of their lifestyle, which is closely linked to nature, and the topography of the region, which gives them exceptional insight into every aspect of life.
Given all these factors, the Japanese culture and way of life has given the world an amazing gift in the form of Japanese garden design:
- Add some Japanese blood grass and a pond in the garden with some beautiful waterfalls to highlight.
- Using bamboo sticks in the fence can create a peaceful garden design
- Design the entrance to the garden with style
- Plant fiery Japanese maples in the garden for a tasteful and colorful contrast to green life
- Place a Buddha statue in a central spot in the garden to blend in with Japanese culture
To understand Japanese garden design, you have to experience it while walking. The smell, the feel, everything is enchanting and leaves a calming experience. Try this style for your home and experience a beauty.