When building a new home or renovating an existing home, it is very important to choose the right type of roof that will last longer. Roofs not only protect houses and homeowners from external influences.
The house roof can also provide additional living space and make houses more energy efficient and weatherproof, especially in rain and snow
Designing house roofs can be very difficult and making the right choice can be a hassle. Here we have compiled top designs for the design of your house roofs:
- Gable roof construction: It is generally triangular in shape and forms part of a wall between the edges of intersecting roofs. It is one of the most commonly used designs in low temperature areas.
- Green roof design: This is a design in which vegetation and plants are partially or completely covered. It also features additional layers for drainage and irrigation systems. It is also called a cooling roof because it is eco-friendly for both the environment and the occupants of the house
- Hip roof construction: This is a type of construction in which all sides are inclined towards the wall side. It’s a fairly gently sloping design. However, hipped roofs are more difficult to build than pitched roofs. These roof constructions are common in bungalows and cottages
- Shed Roof Design: This design is considered to be one of the cleanest and most functional designs. This roof brings in lots of light and warmth, replacing the impractical attic and providing good interior space
- Mansard roof construction: This is a four-sided gambrel-style roof construction with two slopes on both sides. This style makes the most of the loft and is a great way to add more history to the building